Saturday, June 5, 2010

Packing for Paris

Today was another gorgeous day in Amsterdam. People everywhere seemed bubbly, if a bit bothered by the heat. Iced coffee is a welcome reprieve, and we are just rolling out our pour-over drip bar, which is the best way to beat the heat. (Drinking iced coffee lowers your kinternal body temperature, causing your body to react by increasing your temp, or not cooling as rapidly., whereas hot coffee makes you sweat.)
We played around with the Guatemala Santa Clara as SOE (single origin espresso) yesterday and today, and it is amazing. It has crazy spices that remind us of Thai food. Zachary aptly picked out lemongrass... Nearly fennel flavors above a nice body and syrupy sweetness. Super clean witha finish that keeps going and maintaining balance. Yesterday that farm took 17th in the Cup Of Excellence, while another long-term relationship farm, finca el Injerto, took first place for the third time. Unbelievable.
After my shift today, Kris and I wandered the Nine streets to Roem cafe for afternoon lunch, then meandered back toward the BioMarkt, or organic produce store. I picked up tons of dried fruits and nuts to take with me to Paris tomorrow. Then we had a picnic at Seraphati park in the waning sunshine while listening to his infamous coconut playlist of tropical tunes to sway and swoon to. Perfect perfect times.
I am beyond stoked.
I fly out tomorrow and land around 10am... and then will maybe check into my hostel and go to Vilette Park, where a free concert is happening with the likes of The Fuck Buttons, Thee Oh Sees and These Are Powers. Then I have all day Monday and Tuesday to explore the city by myself. I intend to see a few of the flea markets, as well as a number of the renowned quarters or arondissments, the single gluten-free restaurant in Monmarte, and Ariel Pink's concert at Point Ephemere.
I anticipate a sore neck from gawking at the gorgeous architecture. Enough now.
I need to pack and sleep first, though.

1 comment:

  1. If we only knew each other before you went to paris, there is an amazing vegan, probably gluten free restaurant in the marais that I went too when I was there last summer.. delicious, healthy and fresh!

    ReplyDelete